To create lasting support and advocacy for people living with disabilities such that they are presented with opportunities to find dignified independence and gainful employment.
We envision a future where all individuals with developmental and/or physical disabilities have:
- Opportunity to live a healthy, safe and enjoyable life.
- Full access to services and support that promotes independence and dignity.
- Active participation in making decisions for their lives.
- Integration in the communities where they live.
- Respect for what they contribute to their community.
We believe that:
- Every person must be treated with respect, compassion, and dignity.
- People with disabilities must have the right to exercise personal choice and make meaningful decisions in their lives.
- Ideas and solutions must be developed with the people who have disabilities in partnership their families and the communities in which they live.
- Services must embody a lifespan approach, and be flexible and responsive to the changing needs of each individual throughout his or her lifetime.
- Services must be efficiently operated and proven effective for those served.
- All facilities must be barrier free, accessible and safe.
- A loyal, fair and equal opportunity work environment that promotes upward mobility and promotional opportunities for all those we serve.
- System-wide and personal advocacy is essential to the continuation of providing necessary specialized supports to people with disabilities.
- Recreational opportunities are integral to and essential for the enhancement and quality of life for those we serve.